ترجمه و کاربرد فعل رفتن در انگلیسی
فعل رفتن در انگلیسی (Go) بسیار پرکاربرد است و علاوه بر ترجمه لغوی آن عبارات و ترکیبات بسیاری در جمله با فعل Go می نشیند. زمان گذشته این فعل Went و قسمت سوم آن Gone می باشد. در ادامه برخی از این ترکیبات پر کاربرد به همراه ترجمه فارسی آنها آمده است.
- to walk, travel, move etc. رفتن
He is going across the field;
Go straight ahead;
When did he go out?
- to be sent, passed on etc. فرستادن
Complaints have to go through the proper channels.
- to be given, sold etc. دادن
The prize goes to John Smith;
The table went for $100.
- to lead to. منتهی شدن
Where does this road go?
- to visit, to attend. رفتن
He goes to school every day; I decided not to go to the movie.
- to be destroyed etc. خراب شدن
This wall will have to go.
- to proceed, be done. انجام گرفتن
The meeting went very well.
- to move away. راهی شدن
I think it is time you were going.
- to disappear. ناپدید شدن
My purse has gone!
- to do (some action or activity). رفتن
I'm going for a walk; I'm going hiking next week-end.
- to fail etc. از کار افتادن
I think the clutch on this car has gone.
- to be working etc. کار کردن
I don't think that clock is going.
- to become. شدن
These apples have gone bad.
- to be. بودن
Many people in the world regularly go hungry.
- to be put. قرار گرفتن
Spoons go in that drawer.
- to pass. گذشتن
Time goes quickly when you are enjoying yourself.
- to be used. مصرف شدن
All her pocket-money goes on sweets.
- to be acceptable etc. خوب پیش رفتن
Anything goes in this office.
- to make a particular noise. کردن
Dogs go woof, not miaow.
- to have a particular tune etc. آهنگ بخصوصی داشتن
How does that song go?
- to become successful etc. با موفقیت پیش بردن
She always makes a party go.
گاهی فعل رفتن در انگلیسی نقش اسم را بازی می کند و حالا جمع آن نیز به صورت goes نشان داده می شود.
noun – plural goes –
- an attempt. سعی
I'm not sure how to do it, but I'll have a go.
She's full of go.
گاهی فعل رفتن در انگلیسی نقش مصدر را بازی می کند و به صورت going نشان داده می شود.
- an act of leaving, moving away etc. رفتن
the comings and goings of the people in the street.
- the conditions under which something is done. وضعیت
Walking was heavy going because of all the mud.
گاهی فعل رفتن در انگلیسی نقش صفت را بازی می کند.
That shop is still a going concern.
- in existence at present. کنونی
the going rate for typing manuscripts.
ˈgo-ahead adjective: successful and progressive. در حال پیشرفت
His firm is very go-ahead.
permission. اجازه شروع
We'll start as soon as we get the go-ahead.
a person with a great deal of energy, ability etc who gets what he wants. آدم پویا و زیرک
a study or examination. بررسی دقیق
He gave the accounts a thorough going-over.
ˌgoings-ˈon noun plural
(usually strange) happenings or behaviour. رویدادها
(of a district etc) which a person etc is not allowed to enter. ممنوعه
a no-go area.
all go adjective
very busy. خیلی شلوغ
It's all go in this office today.
be going on (for): to be near or close to (a time, age etc). نزدیک
He must be going on (for) eighty.
be going strong: to be successful, healthy etc. موفق و سلامت
Our business/grandfather is still going strong.
from the word go: from the very beginning. از اول؛ از ابتدای کار
get going: to get started. شروع کردن
If you want to finish that job you'd better get going.
give the go-by: to ignore in an unfriendly way. بی اعتنایی کردن
I think we'll give all his stupid suggestions the go-by.
- to (begin to) work at. I don't know the best way to go about the job!آغاز به انجام کاری کردن
- (of a ship) to change direction or turn around. دور زدن
- to try to win. He's going after that prize.به دنبال چیزی بودن
- to follow or chase. Go after him and apologize.دنبال کسی رفتن
- to oppose or refuse to act on. A child should never go against his parents' wishes.بر خلاف چیزی عمل کردن
- to be unacceptable to. This goes against my conscience.غیر قابل قبول بودن
- to go. I think I'll go along to that meeting.رفتن
- to proceed or progress. Check your work as you go along.پیش رفتن؛ ادامه دادن
go along with: to agree with. موافقت کردن
I'm afraid I can't go along with you on that.
go around: (of stories, rumours etc) to be passed from one person to another. پخش شده
There's a rumour going around that you are leaving.
go around with: to be friendly with. با کسی معاشرت داشتن
I don't like the group of friends you're going around with.
- to attack. The little boys went at each other with their fists.حمله کردن
- to do with enthusiasm. He really went at the job of painting the wall.با اشتیاق انجام دادن
go back: to return to an earlier time, topic of conversation etc. برگشتن؛ رجوع کردن
Let's go back for a minute to what we were talking about earlier.
go back on: to fail to do (something one has promised to do). بد قولی کردن
I never go back on my promises.
- to base an opinion on. We can't go by what he says.مبنا را بر چیزی قرار دادن
- to be guided by. I always go by the instructions.مطابق چیزی عمل کردن
- (with well/badly) to be approved or disapproved of. The story went down well (with them).مورد موافقت یا عدم موافقت قرار گرفتن
- (of a ship) to sink. They were lost at sea when the ship went down.غرق شدن
- (of the sun or moon) to go below the horizon. پائین رفتن
- to be remembered. Your bravery will go down in history.به خاطر ماندن؛ ثبت شدن
- (of places) to become less desirable. This part of town has gone down in the last twenty years.پسرفت کردن
go far: to be successful. موفق شدن
If you keep on working as hard as this, I'm sure you'll go far.
go for: to attack physically or in words. حمله کردن به
The two dogs went for each other as soon as they met.
go in: (of the sun or moon) to become covered by cloud. پشت ابر رفتن
go in for
- to take part in. I'm not going in for the 1,000 metres race.شرکت کردن
- to do (something) as a hobby, career etc. My son is going in for medicine; She goes in for collecting postcards.علاقمند بودن
- to make a careful study of (something). We'll need to go into this plan in detail.بطور دقیق بررسی کردن
- to discuss in detail. I don't want to go into the problems at the moment.به جزئیات پرداختن
- (of a bomb etc) to explode. The little boy was injured when the firework went off in his hand.منفجر شدن
- (of an alarm) to ring. When the alarm went off the thieves ran away.آژیر کشیدن
- to leave. He went offترک کردن
- to begin to dislike. I've gone offعلاقه نسبت به چیزی را از دست دادن
- to become rotten. That meat has gone off.فاسد شدن
- to stop working. The fan has gone off.از کار افتادن
- to continue. Go on reading – I won't disturb you.ادامه دادن
- to talk a great deal, usuallytoo much. She goes on and on about her health.پرحرفی کردن
- to happen. What is going on here?اتفاق افتادن
- to base one's investigations etcThe police had very few clues to go on in their search for the murderer. چیزی را مبنا قرار دادن
go on at: to nag at. یکسره ایراد گرفتن
Her mother went on at her for coming home late after the dance.
- to become extinguished. The light has gone out.خاموش شدن
- to go to parties, concerts, meetings etc. We don't go out as much as we did when we were younger.اهل گردش و تفریح بودن
- to be frequently in the company of (a person, usuallyof the opposite sex). I've been going out with her for months.معاشرت کردن
- to study or examine carefully. I want to go over the work you have done before you do any more.بازبینی کردن
- to repeat (a story etc). I'll go over the whole lesson again.دوره کردن
- to list. He went over all her faults.فهرست کردن
- (of plays, behaviour etc) to be received (well or badly). The play didn't go over at all well the first night.عکس العمل خوب یا بد به همراه داشتن
go round: to be enough for everyone. برای همه کافی بودن
Is there enough food to go round?
go slow: (of workers in a factory etc) to work less quickly than usual, eg as a form of protest. کم کاری کردن
go steady: to have a close friendly relationship with someone of the opposite sex. تنها با یک نفر از جنس مخالف معاشرت داشتن
My girl-friend and I have been going steady for a year.
- to search in. I've gone through all my pockets but I still can't find my key.با دقت جستجو کردن
- to suffer. You have no idea what I went through to get this finished in time.از چیزی رنج بردن
- to use up. We went through a lot of money on holiday.مصرف کردن
- to complete. to go through certain formalities.کامل انجام دادن
- to be completed. After long hours of negotiations, the deal went through.به انجام رسیدن
go through with: to finish doing. به انجام رساندن
I will go through with this in spite of what you say.
go too far: to do something which is so bad as to be unacceptable. عمل ناشایست و غیر قابل قبولی را انجام دادن
go towards: to help to buy etc. کمک کردن به تامین هزینه چیزی دیگر
The money we collect will go towards a new roof.
- to increase in size, value etc. The temperature/price has gone up.بالا رفتن
- to be built. There are office blocks going up all over town.ساخته شدن
go up in smoke/flames: to catch fire; to be destroyed or damaged by fire etc. سوختن؛ از بین رفتن
The building across the street went up in flames.
- to be sold with, be part of etc. The carpets will go with the house.به همراه چیز دیگری فروخته شدن
- to look etcwell with. The carpet goes with the wallpaper.به هم آمدن
go without: to manage without. بدون چیزی ادامه دادن
If you can't afford a new dress, you'll have to go without (one).
keep going: to continue doing what one is doing; to survive. ادامه دادن؛ سپری کردن
The snow was falling heavily, but we had to keep going;
Business is bad at the moment, but we'll manage to keep going.
make a go (of something): to make a success (of something). موفق شدن در
He has never owned a shop before, but I think he'll make a go of it.
on the go: very busy or active. مشغول
He's always on the go, from morning to night.